Oct 10 Readings
- Portfolio of Learning
- PID line following
- Lego #ev3 programs that are useful for FLL – turning and using the lines on the the board
Oct 3 Quiz Prep
Programming is where you create a set of instructions that Define the steps for a computer to perform a task. With programming a robot we will use a variety of languages depending on the robot platform.
The languages are as follows:
- Lego EV3 – block based software provided by Lego and created by National Instruments
- Arduino – the Arduino IDE used the C programming language
- VEX robot – RobotC a variant of the C language
- FIRST – Java. Uses Eclipse IDE with custom libraries.
- App Inventor – block based language that runs in a web browser, can be used to program Android devices that can control Lego ev3 robots
- Vision recognition – we have a variety of options: Nvidia Jetson, Raspberry Pi, Android
Oct 10 Challenges
- Create pseudocode for programs
- Create a program that can manoevure one FLL challenge when a button is pressed.
- Create a program that uses multiple sensors
Challenges – basic
- Create an ev3 program that has the motor go forward and stop at a black line using the colour sensor
- Create an Arduino program. That uses the line following sensor and will output the value it reads to the serial monitor the value
- Create an autonomous FRC or VEX program that will move the robot four feet
- Create an App Inventor App that has a button and when you press the button the button changes colour
Challenges – intermediate
- Create an autonomous FRC or VEX program that will move the robot 4 feet, turn 90 degrees to the right, move three feet, turn 90 degrees to the left and more three feet.
- Create an EV3 program that moves forward, when a green line is reached it speeds up, it slows down for a yellow line and stops on a red line
- Create an Arduino program that will turn on a motor when the line following sensor is on black and turn it off when on white
- Create an EV3 program that will move forward until the robot is 30cm away from an object then it will turn right