Take the Ontario Skills Rules Quiz
Electricity can be dangerous – shocks, heat which can cause fires. Please follow these tips to ensure your safety:
- Always get the teacher to approve circuits before applying a power source.
- Ensure power is disabled when working on circuits.
- Make sure you follow the proper polarity for circuits.
- Use the appropriate wire gauge based on the amperage of the circuit.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment when anyone in the room is doing something that could possibly a risk (i.e. wear safety glasses when cutting wires)
- Soldering can release dangerous fumes, ensure ventilated workspace is used.
- Make sure to familiarize yourself with the Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Solder can contain lead, ensure you wash hands immediately after soldering to remove lead or other dangerous chemicals.
- Only work under teacher supervision.
- Fuse panels are required to be accessible, ensure there is a clear path to them.
- Electrical Components
- FRC Control System Components
- FRC Wiring presentation
- Understanding Voltage
- Kirchhoffs Laws
- Electric Power
- Multimeter tutorial for TER3M class
- Watch “How to Crimp Wires for FRC” on YouTube
- Learn to Solder Comic
We will use a variety of robots in our course. To start we are using Arduinos to learn about circuits and sensors.